Seabrook House Chambers
This refurbishment of Seabrook House is to create a new commercial office premises for Arnold Thomas & Becker Lawyers. The new fit out proposed includes a series of office spaces, open workstations, meeting spaces and associated amenities suitable for a Lawyers practice.
By exposing the existing and significant structure the unique character of the building is highlighted. The design intent is to provide visual connection through the space at each floor level from the Lonsdale Street entry through to the southern end of the building.
The effect on Seabrook House will be to reveal the historic structural elements present in the interior, emphasizing their cultural significance within the space.
- Traditional Custodians of the land Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation
- Client Arnold Thomas & Becker Lawyers
- Location Melbourne, Victoria
- Procurement Private Commission
- Project Duration 2013 – 2014
- Footprint 410 sqm
- Floor Area 965 sqm
- Selected Awards
- Commendation for Heritage Architecture, AIA Victorian Chapter 2015